This lecture covers the following nuclear control initiatives:
- The International Atomic Energy Agency and Safeguards
- The Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT)
- The 3 Pillars View
Questions to be answered in this lecture:
- Why should we bother understanding the NPT’s original premises?
- What were the premises of the first three articles of the NPT?
- What were the premises behind the other NPT articles?
- How are these articles at war with one another today; what is the best way to resolve this conflict?
Click the pages below to access the lecture materials:
Lecture: Presentation slides and video.
Readings: Required and recommended readings.
Exam: Questions on lecture and reading materials.