- Victor Gilinsky, Harmon Hubbard, and Marvin Miller, Fresh Examination of the Proliferation Dangers of Light Water Reactors, Nonproliferation Policy Education Center, October 22, 2004.
- Gregory Jones, Introduction, Reactor-Grade Plutonium and Nuclear Weapons: Exploding the Myths, April 2018.
- Henry Sokolski, Nuclear Energy Basics, Part 2: Reactors and Nuclear Fuel Making, Nonproliferation Policy Education Center, October 2021.
Fuel Cycle Basics
- International Panel on Fissile Materials, Fissile Material Stocks, 2020.
- “Uranium Gas Centrifuges,” YouTube video by Federation of American Scientists, 6:47, April 3, 2009.
- Charles D. Ferguson, Nuclear Energy: What Everyone Needs to Know (New York: Oxford University Press, 2011).
- Anthony Nero, A Guidebook to Nuclear Reactors (Berkeley: University of California Press, 1979).
- Walter C. Patterson, Nuclear Power, 2nd ed. (Harmondsworth, UK: Penguin, 1983).
- Adrien Cho, “U.S. Department of Energy rushes to build advanced new nuclear reactors,”Science, May 20, 2020.
- Joel Funk, “We’ve been here before: Wyoming nuclear project echoes of past,” WyoFile, July 30, 2021.
- Edwin Lyman, “’Advanced’ Isn’t Always Better: Assessing the Safety, Security, and Environmental Impacts of Non-Light-Water Nuclear Reactors,” Union of Concerned Scientists, March 18, 2021.
- Henry Sokolski and Victor Gilinsky, “Bill Gates’ Fast Nuclear Reactor: Will It Bomb?” The National Interest, July 20, 2021.
- Henry Sokolski and Victor Gilinsky, “Dangerous Decisions about Advanced Nuclear Reactors Could Lead to New Threats,” The National Interest, May 2, 2021.
- Office of Nuclear Energy, Advanced Small Modular Reactors (SMRs).
- Office of Nuclear Energy, “Nation’s First Small Modular Reactor Plant to Power Nuclear Research at Idaho National Laboratory,” June 11, 2019.
- World Nuclear Association, Advanced Nuclear Power Reactors, February 2020.
- World Nuclear Association, Small Nuclear Power Reactors, February 2020.
- Victor Gilinsky, “When 10,000 Square Miles of Contamination Is an Acceptable Risk: The NRC’s Faulty Concept,” Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, July 7, 2015.
- Charles Perrow, Normal Accidents: Living with High Risk Technologies – Updated Edition, Princeton University Press, October 17, 1999.
- Henry Sokolski, “Chernobyl: Accident by Design,” NBC Defense and Technology International1, no. 3, June 1986.
Military Potential of Civilian Nuclear Activities
- D.E. Ferguson, “Simple, Quick Processing Plant,” intra-laboratory correspondence to F.L. Culler, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, August 30, 1977.
- Richard L. Garwin, “Reactor-Grade Plutonium Can be Used to Make Powerful and Reliable Nuclear Weapons: Separated plutonium in the fuel cycle must be protected as if it were nuclear weapons,” (draft paper, August 26, 1998).
- Victor Gilinsky, “A Fresh Examination of the Proliferation Dangers of Light Water Reactors,” Nonproliferation Policy Education Center, October 22, 2004.
- Frank von Hippel, “Plutonium, Proliferation, and Radioactive-Waste Politics in East Asia,” in The Next Arms Race, ed. Henry Sokolski (Carlisle, PA: Strategic Studies Institute, 2012), 111-140.
- Gregory Jones, “A Short History of Reactor-Grade Plutonium and Why the Nuclear Industry Is Wrong to Downplay Its Dangers,” Reactor-Grade Plutonium and Nuclear Weapons: Exploding the Myths, April 2018.
- R. Scott Kemp, “Centrifuges: A New Era for Nuclear Proliferation,” in Nuclear Nonproliferation: Moving Beyond Pretense, ed. Henry Sokolski (Arlington, VA: Nonproliferation Policy Education Center, 2012), 53-82.
- Amory B. Lovins, “Nuclear Weapons and Power-Reactor Plutonium” Nature 283 (February 28, 1980), 817-823.
- J. Carson Mark, “Reactor-Grade Plutonium’s Explosive Properties,” in NPT at the Crossroads (Washington, DC: The Nuclear Control Institute, 1990).
- Francis Slakey and Linda Cohen, “NRC Should Perform Nonproliferation Assessment of Laser Enrichment Process,” American Physical Society Forum on Physics and Society, accessed May 2, 2014.
- Henry Sokolski, ed., China’s Civil Nuclear Sector: Plowshares to Swords? Nonproliferation Policy Education Center, March 24, 2021.
- Arthur Steiner, “Denaturing Through the Years,” AJS 10-6-75. Password Protected PDF
- U.S. Department of Energy. Plutonium: The First 50 Years. February 1996.
- Albert Wohlstetter, et al., Swords from Plowshares: The Military Potential of Civilian Nuclear Energy,(Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 33-46; 151-82.